|Photo Credit: Flickr, Kompania Piwowarska|
According to Gallup’s 2013 State of the American Workplace Report, which surveyed more than 150,000 full- and part-time workers, only 30 percent of employees are engaged and inspired at work. A happy worker means a more productive worker, so it’s important that managers make serious efforts to make their workplace more enjoyable. So what is it that today’s workforce wants? And how can you give it to them in a way that’s cost-effective and best for your company? Elizabeth Dukes, co-author of Wide Open Workspace and co-founder of iOffice, has five suggestions.
1. Focus on Making the Office a Welcoming Place
2. Be Sure the Space Meets Employees’ Needs
3. Offer Eco-Friendly Amenities
4. Get Your Technology Up-To-Date
5. Don’t Overlook Social Media
Read the full article at workdesign.com